Academic Scholarship Program
The Silver Caduceus Association awards academic scholarships to eligible applicants based on proven academic ability, exhibited leadership skills, community service, demonstrated personal financial need and special considerations for those non-member applications related to former Army Medical Service Corps Officers, KIA or disabled in combat, and retired from active duty due to those disabling conditions.
The dollar value of scholarships awarded each year will depend on the amount of money available, normally they are in the amount of $1,000.00 each.
1. Applicants must be recommended by an SCA member who is in good standing and has committed himself for at least two (2) years to the SCA.
2. A member may nominate one applicant no more than every two years.
3. Applicants may receive a maximum of two awards.
4. Applicants must be related (spouse, child, grandchild, great-grandchild, sibling, child or grandchild of sibling) to the member of the MSC Silver Caduceus Association that nominates them. (Exceptions will be considered for those related members of former Army MSC officers who were killed in action or disabled in combat and retired from active duty for those disabling conditions.)
5. Applicants are not limited to high school seniors. They may be attending college at the time of application; an adult wanting to attend college for the first time or to continue their education after a break in attendance.
Scholarship Applications: Scholarship applications will be accepted between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2019. Download an Application. The number of scholarships that will be awarded will depend on the amount of money available and approval of the Board.
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to COL(R) Roger F. Williams, SCA Scholarship Committee Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scholarship Program is funded entirely by donations. Our Scholarship Program has been successful over the years due to the generous donations of our SCA membership and individuals who support the SCA goal of enhancing continued education. Your tax deductible donations to the program will make it possible for us to continue to award scholarships to deserving individuals.
Please send your donations to: Silver Caduceus Association, P.O. Box 39514, San Antonio, TX 78218 and note on the "For" line that the check is for the Scholarship Program. Remember, awards are distributed directly to the awardees to be used for tuition, books, fees, etc. and can make a significant impact to the awardees finances.